Summer Learning Program Information
Registration for Summer Learning is now closed. Families who have registered their students for Summer Learning can check here for the most recent information.
Learn new skills, explore new interests, and make new friends!
The DCE Summer Learning Program is held June 7 - July 13, Monday-Thursday (no classes July 3-4). The program is available for students entering Kindergarten through those currently in 11th grade (entering 12th grade for the 2023-24 school year). Transportation is provided and there is no cost to attend.
If you have registered your child for summer learning, a confirmation letter will be sent home through school with your child in May. If you have not received a letter by the end of May, please call 715-359-4221 ext. 1800 or email the Summer School Office.
If busing is requested, Lamers Bus Lines will mail busing schedules to parents in late May.
Summer Learning Information — Hmoob — contact Xia Yang, 715-359-4224, ext. 5522
Summer Learning Information — Español — contact Libby Plamann, 715-241-9700, ext. 2236
Summer Learning Locations and Times
- Students who attend Odyssey Elementary will go to the summer school location based on the school boundary for their home address.
- Students who will be picked up in the morning from Adventure Care at Mountain Bay Elementary will attend Weston Elementary for summer learning.
- Lamers will drop off at Mountain Bay Elementary for Adventure Care at the end of the summer learning day. For all other situations, both pick-up and drop-off locations must be in the same summer school attendance boundary area.
Hmong Summer Enrichment Program
Engineering Tomorrow Camp
Summer Learning Information
- Provided by Lamers Bus Lines.
- Students must be enrolled in courses all morning to qualify for busing.
- Parents must complete the “Summer Program Bus Registration Form” unless the “Summer Bus Registration” was completed via Infinite Campus for each student.
- Children may have one pick-up location and one drop-off location only. (No alternating days will be permitted.) Both pick-up and drop-off locations must be in the same summer school attendance boundary area.
Free MealsDates: June 7-July 13 (Closed Fridays), Closed July 3 and 4.Weston Elementary – 5200 Camp Phillips Rd. Schofield, WI, 54476
Location: Main EntranceBreakfast: 8:30am-9:00amLunch: 10:00am-11:00amDates: June 7-July 13 (Closed Fridays), Closed July 3 and 4.DC Everest Junior High - 1000 Machmueller St, Weston, WI 54476Location: CafeteriaBreakfast: 8:30am-9:00amLunch: 10:00am-11:00amDates: June 5 - August 25, Closed July 3 & 4, Monday-FridayMountain Bay Elementary – 8602 Schofield Ave, Weston, WI 54476Location: Cafeteria
Lunch: 11:00am-12:30pmHmong Enrichment Dates: July 24-August 4, Monday-FridayWeston Elementary – 5200 Camp Phillips Rd. Schofield, WI, 54476Location: CafeteriaBreakfast: 8:00 - 9:00 am
Lunch: 11:30 am - 12:30 pm
- All courses are five weeks in length. There are two course periods during the summer learning day. Several courses run both periods, with the majority being one period in length. We ask that each student attend all five weeks.
- Students may take any combination of courses. Math and reading are inclusive for students of all levels and abilities. If you have questions regarding which courses your child should take, please feel free to contact your child’s teacher.
Boys and Girls Club - Summer 2023
June 7 - July 13 (Closed July 4 and 5), Monday - Thursday from 11:30 am - 5:30 pm
D.C. Everest Junior High School
This opportunity is for students entering Grades 6-10 and enrolled in the DCE Summer Learning Program.
Lunch and afternoon snacks will be provided.
Cost: Membership - $20
Learn More and Register Today!
Summer Learning Registration
Course Registration — March 13 - April 19, 2023
- Certain courses will be closed when they reach a maximum number of students due to limited space and resources. Some courses may be canceled due to low registration numbers. Students will be placed in another course that has seats available if their current courses are canceled.
- Tuition is free for all D.C. Everest School District residents.
- Registration for summer learning will close on April 19 at midnight. No additional students will be added after the deadline to ensure the placement of students and to ensure we can provide healthy learning environments. Students in 8th grade who require remedial placement in math, science, history or English OR students in 9th grade who require credit recovery may be placed in courses after April 19 by a school counselor.
- Students must register for the grade level they are currently in/just completed, not the grade level they are entering for the 2023-24 school year.
- If you have questions regarding registration, please contact the Summer Program Office.
Registering for Summer Learning via Infinite Campus is highly encouraged. We do have printable forms available on this page if you choose the paper option.
Infinite Campus Portal Summer Registration Directions
- Log into the Infinite Campus Portal using either the student's or parent's username and password.
If you are a parent/guardian and need help logging in, please email Infinite Campus Portal Account and include your name, your child's name, and the problem you are experiencing.
- Once logged in, select the Menu icon (three lines) in the green Infinite Campus bar. Go to More > Course Registration > 22-23 Summer (school will vary) option from the navigation pane on the left of the screen. Instructions for Course Registration in Infinite Campus
Special Note: If your student will be bused from Adventure Care (located in Mountain Bay Elementary) in the morning and your school option is not Weston, please contact the summer school staff at 715-359-4221, ext. 1800 to switch schools.
- Choose 1 - 2 courses (depending on whether the course is one period in length or a full-morning course) for summer learning.
Select Add Course (blue box at the bottom of the screen). You can select the course name for a description of the course (make sure to read the descriptions carefully). Select <Back to add another course.
Special Note: You can choose other courses as alternates in case your selected courses are canceled. A course will no longer be available to choose if it has reached its maximum requests.
- When you have finished requesting courses, choose the Print Request Summary option to print a report of the courses requested. No parental signature is required. This report is for student information only.
- Register for busing (or let us know you don't need busing using the same form) for each student while in the Infinite Campus Parent or Student Portal > Message Center > Surveys > Summer School Bus Registration Form. Instructions for Bus Registration in Infinite Campus
- If your student will be bused from Adventure Care (located in Mountain Bay Elementary) in the morning and your school option is not Weston, please contact the summer school staff at 715-359-4221, ext. 1800 to switch schools.
If completing paper registration forms:
Choose courses according to the grade level your student is in currently and rank choices as 1, 2 or 3 if multiple courses are available at that grade level, in that time period.
Please return forms to your child's teacher or mail to/drop off at: Summer Learning, D.C. Everest School District, 1699 Schofield Ave, Suite 300, Schofield, WI 54476
- Summer Learning Busing Form (if needed) – Deadline for bus registration is April 28.
Summer Learning Leadership Team
Brittany Sepnafski-Director of Summer Programming
Katelyn Landerman-Site Principal at Weston Elementary
Christian Ammon-Site Principal at the Junior High School
Scot Abel-Site Principal at Rothschild Elementary
If you have questions or need help accessing any of the content on this page, please email the Summer School Office.