- D.C. Everest Senior High
Twenty-three D.C. Everest DECA Members to Compete at State Level
DC Everest DECA sent 68 DECA members to compete at DECA's District Career Development Conference, Friday, January 4, 2019 in Wisconsin Rapids. DECA, an association of marketing students, prepares emerging leaders and entrepreneurs in marketing, finance, hospitality and management. DECA’s comprehensive learning program involves applied learning, connections to business and promotes competition.
For the district competition, students competed in a series event, completed a marketing cluster written exam and performed two role-plays with a judge. Students are eligible to medal in each of the three events and qualify for State competitions.
Following are the results of the DCE DECA team:
- Accounting Applications series: Brandon Jilek medaled in the exam and one role play and earned 1st place in this event.
- Apparel and Accessories Marketing series: Alyssa Peterson, Bria Letarski and Rachel Kontz medaled in the exam, Alin Rajesh medaled in each role play and Kristina Wilke medaled in one role play. Overall Alyssa Peterson placed 1st, Alin Rajesh placed 3rd and Bria Letarski earned an Honorable Mention.
- Automotive Services Marketing series: Kennedy Christianson medaled on the exam and one role play. She placed 3rd overall in this event.
- Business Services series: David Pickar and John Belton medaled twice, each in the exam and one role play and Sara Mayer medaled in a role play. Overall in this event John Belton placed 2nd and David Pickar finished with an Honorable Mention.
- Hotel Lodging series: Audrey Mattmiller medaled on her exam and earned an Honorable Mention in this event.
Human Resource Management series: Emma Footit medaled on the exam and earned an Honorable Mention.
Personal Financial Literacy series: Jordan Sankey medaled on the exam and each role play and earned an Honorable Mention.
- Quick Serve Restaurant Management series: Jordan Monette medaled in both role plays and placed as an Honorable Mention.
- Restaurant and Food Service Management series: Hunter Gorteski and Alexis Wojnowiak both medaled in both role plays. Hunter placed 3rd.
- Retail Merchandising series: Arian Mueller earned a medal on the exam and both role plays. She placed 2nd overall in this event.
Sports and Entertainment Marketing series: Colton Eden earned a medal on the exam and both role plays, Zoey Minnihan earned a medal on both role plays, and Thomas Albee earned a medal on the exam. Thomas placed 3rd overall in this event and Colton and Zoey placed as Honorable Mentions.
- Buying and Merchandising Management Team Event: McKenna Green and Ashlyn Lewis earned two medals for each of the role plays and finished as an Honorable Mention.
- Hospitality Services Management Team Event: Kendall Walkush and Paige Edwards medaled in their exam and AJ Appel and Olivia Rattanasack medaled in a role play.
- Travel and Tourism Marketing Management Team Event: Claire Marquardt, Kayla Piskula, Josie Joanis, Sydney Huber all medaled in a role play.
Principles of Business Management and Administration event: Danni Langseth and Autumn Lippert each medaled in one role play and both earned an Honorable Mention Overall in this event.
- Principles of Marketing event: Annika Dellich, Paige Mueller and Sneha Adhikari each medaled on a role play.
Principles of Finance event: Kayleigh Oestreicher medaled on the exam and both role plays, Aiden Morgan medaled in one role play. Kayleigh Oestreicher placed 2nd and Aiden Morgan placed as an Honorable Mention.
- Principles of Hospitality and Tourism event: Megan Leitza earned a medal for the test, Riley O’Connor and Liberty Christianson medaled in both role plays and overall Riley earned an Honorable Mention in this event.
- Twenty-three DCE DECAS members qualified to compete in DECA’s State Career Development Conference that will be held in Lake Geneva, Wisconsin this March.