• Obtaining a Work Permit

    A work permit is required before anyone under the age of 16 is allowed to work in any job with exception of agriculture or domestic service work. Employers must have a work permit on file for the minor being employed before they may allow the minor to begin work.

    Work permits can be obtained at the D.C. Everest Junior and Senior High office. In order for a work permit to be issued you must have ALL of the following:

    1.  Letter from employer with the following information:

    • Name and address of employer
    • Phone number of employer
    • Specific type of work that student will be doing
    • Hours that student will be working
    • Employer signature

    2.  Written permission from parent(s)

    3.  One of the following:

    • Driver's license (preferred)
    • Birth certiticate
    • Baptism certiticate

    4.  Original Social Security card

    5.  $10.00 fee to be reimbursed by the employer.

    The Labor Standards Bureau sets work permit charges and as of 7/1/2009, the charge was set at $10.00.  If you have questions regarding this information, please contact them at:  608-266-3345

    Work permits can be obtained from any high school in Wisconsin for those seeking employment within the state.