Summer Learning Program - K through 8th Grade
July 6 - 31, 2020
Summer Learning Registration is closed.
K-8th Grade Students
The D.C. Everest School District is offering a virtual summer program with fun and educational classes for students entering kindergarten through those currently in 8th grade.
Virtual program times will run every Monday through Friday from 8:15 - 11:15 am for all students K-8.
- At 8:15 students will access morning announcements on the Time To Shine Virtual Programming Canvas Page.
- Each student will be required to choose two courses.
- Period 1 will start virtually at 8:30 am.
- Period 2 will start virtually at 10:00 am.
- At the start of each course, there will be a virtual teacher/student component through Webex with the teacher live or a recorded video.
- Students will be able to access these recordings later in the day as well if they are unable to attend in the morning.
- Students will have independent work to be completed each day that they can do between the scheduled 8:30-11:15 time frame or they can complete later in the day.
Our goal is to have flexibility so students can complete work at a time that is most convenient for students and their families
Cost: Tuition is free for all D.C. Everest District residents.
Courses: Here are the course offerings by grade level along with a description. Grades K-8 will have a variety of options to choose from. All grade levels will have math and literacy options. All courses are 4 weeks in length. Students may take any combination of classes. Math and reading are inclusive with students of all levels and abilities. If you have questions regarding which courses your child should take please feel free to contact your child’s teacher.
Materials: Students will need to have their school-issued iPads for their virtual classes. There will be accommodations made for families if the technology is not available due to internet issues. Any supplies that may be needed for classes that the district will provide will be made available for families to pick up prior to the start of summer school.