Riverside 2024 Science Fair
What: 2024 Riverside “Giants in Science” Science Fair
Date: March 7, 2024
Time: 9:00-10:30 am in Riverside’s Multi-Purpose Room
Why: First of all, it’s a blast! Secondly, it offers students many benefits. It:
- Stimulates imagination and independent thinking
- Increases knowledge in many scientific areas
- Teaches the use of the processes of science
- Trains in the organization and completion of major tasks
- Provides the opportunity to enjoy science
Details: The science fair is open to all Riverside students. (Yes, kindergartners can join too!) Students can work as individuals or partnerships, up to three students total.
Students have a choice of three different themes to choose from:
- Scientific Inquiry- Focusing on a question about science and then using the scientific method to help answer the question.
- Original Invention- Create an invention that will solve a special problem or need that will make the world a better place.
- Research a Scientist- Choose a scientist that has changed the way we live. Students will learn about a scientist’s life and what he or she contributed to science.
All exhibits must include a hands-on project to enhance the display.
If the science fair sounds fun to you and you think you’d like to participate in it, fill out the Science Fair Entry Form and return it to your homeroom teacher by February 19, 2024. Students that register will receive an informational packet to help with the process of putting together an awesome project.