Referendum - Vote April 3!
Referendum Information Ballot Question
On April 3 D.C. Everest area residents will vote whether to increase funding to support students, staﬀ and schools. The ballot question will read as follows: Shall the D.C. Everest Area School District, Marathon County, Wisconsin be authorized to issue pursuant to Chapter 67 of the Wisconsin Statutes, general obligation bonds in an amount not to exceed $59,875,000 for the public purpose of paying the cost of a district-wide school building and improvement program consisting of: construction of classroom and technical education additions at Senior High; remodeling and building modernizations at Senior High, Junior High, Middle School, and Hatley Elementary; construction of cafetorium, classroom additions, and remodeling and reconﬁguration at Rothschild, Weston, Riverside, and Evergreen Elementary Schools; district-wide safety and security, capital maintenance, building infrastructure and parking and site improvements including Mountain Bay Elementary; and acquisition of furnishings, ﬁxtures, and equipment?
If passed, the APRIL 3 Referendum would provide the funding needed to address district-wide improvements, including these updates to Rothschild Elementary School:
- Add New Kindergarten, Music, and Art Classrooms
- Renovate and Modernize Classrooms
- Create Academic Support and Special Education Areas
- Add and Update Bathrooms
- Add New IMC and Cafetorium (Cafeteria/Multi-Use Space)
- Redesign Bus and Parent Traffic Flow
- Improve Building Accessibility (Add Elevator) and Update Fire Alarms
- Complete Overdue Maintenance