Nutrition at DCE
The D.C. Everest Area School District supports wellness, good nutrition, and regular physical activity as part of the complete learning environment. To ensure students have the ability to focus, participate and excel in the classroom, our DCE School Nutrition staff provides healthy breakfast and lunch options throughout the school year and partners with Blessings-in-a-Backpack to provide disadvantaged students with snacks and easy-to-make meals they can enjoy at home on the weekends. To help families in the summer, we provide free breakfast and lunch for any DCE student who stops by one of our cafeterias.
We also provide special dietary accommodations on a case-by-case basis and offer gluten-free options and have launched an initiative to add locally-grown fruits and vegetables to our menus. You can learn more about our locally-grown initiative by watching this video.
School Nutrition Jobs
D.C. Everest Area School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
School Nutrition Leadership Team (pictured left to right)
- Jennifer VanOoyen - School Nutrition Secretary
- Jennifer Cole - Middle School Kitchen Coordinator
- Jenna Tienor - Nutrition Support Specialist
- Laticia Baudhuin - Director of School Nutrition
- Mary Brynjulfson - Junior High Kitchen Coordinator
- Elizabeth Mammano - Senior High Kitchen Coordinator