This page provides information for families who live outside of the boundaries of the DCE district who are enrolling students for the first time.
Before beginning the enrollment process, families must determine which open enrollment situation is applicable.
Not sure where you fit on the district map?
If you are still unsure which elementary school your child should attend, please call the school district office at 715.359.4221.
Before beginning the open enrollment process:
- Families must complete one of the open enrollment processes noted above and obtain permission from WDPI.
- Once the WDPI process is complete, DCE will contact your family and — in the case of elementary students — indicate which school your child has permission to attend. You are now ready to complete the DCE enrollment process.
- Have the following information ready:
- Household address and phone numbers
- Parent/guardian work and cell phone numbers, email addresses
- Student health/medication information
- Emergency contact addresses and phone numbers
- Gather your child’s immunization records. If you do not have up-to-date immunization records available, you can visit the online Wisconsin Immunization Registry and download your child’s records by providing the child’s name and Social Security number.
- Gather a copy of your child’s birth certificate. If a birth certificate is not available, you can complete Form 5111 F1 and submit the documentary evidence listed.
- If custody has been established by the courts, a copy of the court order or placement papers must be submitted.
- If you are enrolling more than one student, you will be able to enroll all students in one session (regardless of what grade they are entering). You do not need to complete individual online enrollment sessions for each child.