New Student Enrollment
This page provides information for families who live within the boundaries of the DCE district who are enrolling students in grades 1 - 12 for the first time. If your family lives outside the DCE district, please visit our Open Enrollment page.
We encourage families to enroll their student(s) online. If you prefer to enroll using paper forms, please visit our Enrollment Forms page. If you prefer to enroll your student in person, you may pick up enrollment forms at the front office of individual schools between 9:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. Please bring your child’s birth certificate and immunization records with you to enroll.
Before beginning the enrollment process:
- Check the DCE boundary map to determine which elementary school your child will attend (all secondary students attend either the DCE Middle School (grades 6-7), DCE Junior High (grades 8-9), or DCE Senior High (grades 10-12).
- Have the following information ready:
- Household address and phone numbers
- Parent/guardian work and cell phone numbers, email addresses
- Student health/medication information
- Emergency contact addresses and phone numbers
- Gather your child’s immunization records. If you do not have up-to-date immunization records available, you can visit the online Wisconsin Immunization Registry and download your child’s records by providing the child’s name and Social Security number.
- Gather a copy of your child’s birth certificate. If a birth certificate is not available, you can complete Form 5111 F1 and submit the documentary evidence listed.
- If custody has been established by the courts, a copy of the court order or placement papers must be submitted.
- If you are enrolling more than one student, you will be able to enroll all students in one session (regardless of what grade they are entering). You do not need to complete individual online enrollment sessions for each child.